Managing change is critical for maintaining your workforce and ensuring a pleasant and positive work environment for your organization and clients. This session will explore how to use change — like changing budgets, requirements and new regulations — to make a more stable workforce and environment.
Leadership must be a positive promoter of change in order to minimize the stress of the workforce. Most workers and team members desire consistency and stable environments. As changes occur management must be the promoter of the positives for change. By promoting, facilitating, and involving the team in change, a manager can easily maintain a stable workforce and happy productive team members.
Areas for promoting change positively:
1. Foundation of stability with change
2. Relevancy and need for change
3. Agility and responding to staff needs, requests, and understanding of the changes
4. Advocacy - promote change consistently and positively
5. Monitoring reactions when change is discussed and follow-up of the reactions
6. Education - why is the change needed, positive benefits, and reiteration of the need
CIG, CFSA, CICA, PMP,
Chief Inspector General,
State of Florida